AAA Program – Phase Three
The BC Hockey Zone AAA Program provides an elite level development experience for athletes aged 13 to 18. The focus of this program is to prepare participants for the next level of hockey through expanded draw zones. Phase Three (3) is the final component of the program for the 2020-2021 season.
Phase Three Program Details
- Phase Three will take place from January 1, 2021 until April 30, 2021.
- Please note that details on Phase Three will be announced later in the Fall
- Each Zone will implement a high performance training program that adheres to the ViaSport and Hockey Canada guidelines. This may include
- 3-5 ice times per week
- Off ice training program
- Creation of four (4) team cohorts for exhibition games
- Should adjustments be made by the Provincial Health Officer, a structured schedule may be implemented in coordination with the Program General Managers.
- Specialized coaching
Phase Three Budget
The Phase Three program cost will be $3,370 per player plus applicable taxes. The program will operate as outlined above with each Zone creating a custom program to implement a high performance training program for players.
The Phase Three fee is broken down as follows
- Bank Service Charges – 3.2% of the player fee
- Credit card fees
- Service charges from each team bank account
- BC Hockey Administration: 2.4% of the player fee
- Staff Wages
- Office Operation
- Technology and Website
- HeadCheck Health: 1.6% of the player fee
- Access to HeadCheck Health services and concussion management tools
- Program Operation – 69.7% of the player fee
- Each team will be provided with $44,750 to operate the Phase Three program based on the information listed under the Program Details section.
- Please note that any funds not utilized by the team will be refunded at the conclusion of Phase Three
- Honorariums – 23% of the player fee
- The final installment of the honorarium payment for team staff for the 2020-2021 season.